Parenting Central Australia Pty Ltd | ABN: 15 161 403 603
It explains how we collect, use and disclose information about you.
Parenting Central is committed to protecting your privacy and respects and upholds your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). By using this website or providing us with your personal information, you agree to and consent to the collection, use, holding and disclosure of personal information by Parenting Central as set out in this policy.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information or opinion. Personal information we may collect from you includes, without limitation, your name, address, email address, telephone number(s).
Collection of information
Parenting Cental will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, Parenting Central will only collect personal information about you directly from you. Parenting Central will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities.
Personal information may be collected by Parenting Central in a number of circumstances, including when you: make an enquiry via email or telephone; visit our websites; lodge an enquiry in relation to any Parenting Central products or services; log in to your Parenting Central customer account.
Parenting Central requires individuals to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete personal information at the time it is collected.
What does Parenting Central do with your personal information
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection, Parenting Central uses your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related secondary purposes and for the purposes of:
- Providing products and services to you;
- Analytics and tracking;
- Products and services you previously purchased;
- Marketing activities, including marketing activities relating to Parenting Central
- Responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- Any other purpose you have consented to; and any use which is required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of personal information
Parenting Central may disclose your personal information:
- To third-parties we engage for the above purposes;
- Organisations that provide products or services to Parenting Central;
- Any person or entity to whom you have consented to Parenting Central disclosing your personal information to; and
- Any person or entity to whom we are required or authorised to disclose your personal information too in accordance with the law.
Access to your information
- You may request access to your personal information or seek correction of it, by logging into your online account or contacting our customer service team.
- If you believe that Parenting Central holds personal information about you that is not accurate, complete, up-to-date, you may request us to amend your personal infomaiton.
- If Parenting Central no longer needs your personal information for any of the purposes set out in this policy, or as otherwise required by law, Parenting Central will take reasonable steps to destroy the information or to de-identify it.
- Parenting Central will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Opting Out from marketing communications
At any time you may opt out from receiving marketing communications from us. Unless you opt out, your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us will continue. Each of our marketing emails will have an unsubscribe link which will allow you to unsubscribe from all future marketing communications.
Parenting Central websites
When transmitting personal information from your computer or device to a Parenting Central website, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Parenting Central will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
Parenting Central operated websites may use “cookies” to help personalise your online experience and save you time across the Parenting Central Group websites (including, ParentingCentral.com.au, ParentingCentral.co.nz, PramCentral.com.au, ParentingPlus.com.au). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Parenting Central Group websites.
Contacting Parenting Central
If you require further information regarding this policy please contact us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer, Parenting Central,
PO Box 321, Doncaster Heights LPO,
Doncaster East, VIC, Australia 3109.
Updated December 2021